AṢ-ṢABŪR (الصبور) The Most Patient
As-Sabur is the One who patiently endures and does everything in its proper time and manner, no matter how long that may take. He patiently accomplishes each thing in the proper way it needs to be and according to what it requires. He is never hasty to carry out the punishment for the sinners.
This name is mentioned in meaning in the holy Quran.
- O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. [Al-Baqarah 2:153]
- … But give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. [Al-Baqarah 2:155]
- O you who have believed, persevere and endure and remain stationed and fear Allah that you may be successful. [Ali ‘Imran 3:200]
- … Indeed in that are signs for everyone patient and grateful. [Ibrahim 14:5]
- And be patient, for the decision of your Lord…. [At-Tur 52:48]
- Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience. [Al-‘Asr 103:3]
- Video: The Beautiful Names of Allah (Al-Halim, As-Sabur) by Shaykh Fadel Soliman. As-Sabur is not one of His Names but His attribute. – Shaykh Fadel Soliman
- Article: The Beautiful Names of Allah (As-Sabur) by Dr. Ratib An-Nabulsi
- Article: With the Divine: Part 29 (As-Sabur) by Jinan Yousef
- There is a difference of opinion as to whether the name As-Sabur is proven or not.