- It is a day of slaughtering the sacrificial animal, which is termed as:
- Hadi for those in Hajj.
- Udhiya for those who are not.
- Qurbani in Urdu language.
- It reminds us of Prophet Ibrahim’s full submission of sacrificing his long-awaited only son, Ismael.
- Nahr literally means slaughtering of the camels only and is done by cutting the carotid artery at the root of the neck.
- Pilgrims can go to Mina slaughter house to witness their sacrifice.
- Booths around Makkah and Mina have been set up by the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to facilitate buying coupons for slaughtering and distributing Hadi.
HALQ WA TAQSIR
- Shaving or trimming the hair for men (in the barber shops).
- Trimming all the hair ends for women (in their accommodations).
- To be done after Sa’iy.
- Minor removal of Ihram.
- On completion, the state of Ihram is partially lifted; everything is permitted except marital relations.
RAMI (THROWING PEBBLES)
- Pick 7 pebbles for Rami the size of a chickpea or bean seed. Pick from any place on the way of Muzdalifah or pick at Mina which is permissible.
- Go to Mina for Rami (throwing pebbles) at Jamarah Aqabah Al-Kubra.
- Time of Rami starts after sunrise
- Throw 7 pebbles one by one with your right hand.
- Say “Allahu Akbar” (Allah is greater than anything) for every pebble before throwing.
- The nearest to Arafat, Jamarah Al-Aqabah As-Sughra (smallest pillar) is about 150 meters to the Jamarah Al-Aqabah Al-Wustah (middle pillar), which is around 190 meters to Jamarah Al-Aqabah Al-Kubra (biggest pillar) and is the nearest to Makkah.
- Takbirat is the Iqamah of Hajj.
- It was narrated that the Prophet ﷺ and a group of the Sahaba (radiyallahu anhum – may Allah be pleased with them) used to recite Takbir after the Salawat (obligatory prayers) from Fajr on the day of Arafah until Asr on the 13th day of Dhul Hijjah.
- For pilgrims, recite Takbir from Duhr on the 10th day until Asr prayer on the 13th day.
- Can be done anytime during Ayyam At-Tashriq or delayed until the days spent in Mina are over.
- Do Sa’iy after Tawaf Al-Ifadah.
- Major removal of Ihram.
- On completion, the state of Ihram is completely lifted, everything permitted.
- Feast of sacrifice.
- 4 days of celebration (Dhul Hijjah 10-11-12-13).
To be continued… Hajj Day 4-5-6: Dhul Hijjah 11-12-13