AYYAM AT-TASHRIQ (DAYS OF MEAT DRYING)
- TASHRIQ: Drying the meat under the sun. It is derived from the word “Shuruq” meaning sunrise. It is so called because from the animal sacrifice, there is too much meat to dry under the sun.
- Spend the days and night in Mina starting from the night of the 10th until the 13th day.
- You may leave Mina to Makkah on the 12th but leave before sunset.
- AYYAM MA’LUMAT: That they may witness things that are of benefit to them (i.e. reward of Hajj in the Hereafter, and also some worldly gain from trade, etc.), and mention the Name of Allah on appointed days (i.e. 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th day of Dhul-Hijjah), over the beast of cattle that He has provided for them (for sacrifice) (at the time of their slaughtering by saying: Bismillah, Wallahu-Akbar, Allahumma Minka Wa Ilayk). Then eat thereof and feed therewith the poor who have a very hard time. (Al-Hajj 22:28)
- Stoning the 3 Jamarat (pillars) by throwing 7 pebbles on each pillar, one by one with the right hand saying “Allahu Akbar.”
- Each day after Duhr (after sun passes the zenith or high noon), stone the 3 Jamarat starting with the smallest, then the middle and lastly the biggest pillar.
- Supplicate to Allah after stoning the small and the middle pillars only.
- Farewell circumambulation which is the final rite of Hajj.
- Ibn Abbas (radiyallahu anhu) said: “The people were ordered to perform Tawaf as the last thing (to do) before leaving Makkah, except for the menstruating women who were excused.” [Bukhari]
- TAKING PILLS TO STOP BLEEDING
- It is not recommended because it is natural. However, in Fiqh, it is correct to take pills especially in Umrah/Hajj.
- If there is no more time (bleeding is long and departure is at hand), then treat it as an Istihadah (false menses).
- Perform Ghusl (full bath) and do Tawaf (Al-Ifadah, Al-Wida).
- Visiting historical places of Makkah and Madinah are neither a part of Umrah nor Hajj but it is always best to visit these places.
- Makkah: Long form of name: Makkah Al-Mukarramah مكة المكرمة. The holiest place in the world. The whole of Makkah is Haram (sacred) area.
- Visiting Masjid An-Nabi inMadinah is neither a part of Umrah nor Hajj but it is always best to visit it.
- Madinah: Long form of name: Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah المدينة المنورة (The Enlightened City). It is named after the Prophet ﷺ migrated there. Old names: Yathrib and Taybah.
GREETINGS FOR THE PILGRIMS
حج مبرور وذنب مغفور وسعي مشكور
- Transliteration: Hajjan Mabruran Wa Dhamban Maghfuran Wa Sa’yan Mashkuran
- Translation: May Allah accept your Hajj, grant you forgiveness, and reward you for your efforts.
To be continued… Salatul Eid